January 24, 2014

Bold Beginnings









What I'm Wearing
Necklace - H&M
Sweater - H&M
Boots - Doc Martens
Skirt(actually a dress) - Material Girl

For today's look I went for an accented neutrals colour scheme. Before I added the bright red-orange jumper, I was wearing a black graphic one. Although I enjoyed the look I felt like I was wearing too much black on an already glum day. Mind you it was freezing today, I swear it was like -25 degrees! Okay I might have fibbed just a tad, it was actually -9 degrees. But it was still very cold. Let`s get back to the topic at hand. I mean I personally find nothing wrong with wearing black on black upon black on black, but I just wanted to shake things up a bit. This lovely jumper which I snatched up from my sisters closet is a bit oversized but I must say that`s what makes me love it more. I`ve never been one to fancy clingy jumpers. And oversized jumpers allow a look to be more casual and their super duper warm! 
For some reason I`m in the habit of always using the Material Girl dress as a skirt. I mean, I can honestly count on one hand how many times I have worn the dress as a dress. It definetly shows how versatile one garment can be. For example an oversized sweater can become a sweater dress the same way a baggy tee shirt can become a dress too. I had to bust out the flower patterned Docs, afterall it is winter and these boots are plenty chic. They add colour to outfits without going overboard. Last but definetly not least, this look would not be complete without a proper gold necklace. This jumper was made for it. Anyways I hope you all have a lovely weekend! Tell me your plans and your thoughts on this look.

No comments:

Post a Comment